Policies and Procedures
- Books forming part of the text book collection, reference collection, or any book valuable for its rarity or illustrations, or any Project report, Back volumes, will not be issued out, except with the special permission of the principal.
- Librarian may recall any book issued outside the library at any time and the books so recalled shall immediately be returned to the library.
Open Access system is followed in the library
- Every reader is required to show the identity card on demand and to enter his name in the gate register at the entrance of the Library.
- Conversation, making noise are strictly prohibited in or near the reading room and the stack rooms.
- The principal/professor – In charge shall have the power to cancel the tickets and refuse admission of any one infringing the rules and regulations of the library or for including in any other misconduct.
- Students are requested to leave their belongings such as umbrellas, calculators, files, text books, printed materials etc. with the attendant on duty at the counter and receive from him a token against the belonging deposited. The token has to be returned to the attendant before collecting the belongings while leaving the library.
- Students are requested to note that the attendant at the counter is authorized to examine everything that passes into or out of the library.
- No user shall write upon, fold, damage or make any mark upon any document of the library.
- All users must observe silence in the library.
- While leaving the reading table readers should leave the documents on the specific table at In charge counter. They need not replace the documents on the shelves.
- Any user violating the rules of the library shall be liable to forfeit the privileges of the library Services and further action will be taken, if necessary, through the competent authority.
- No reader shall take any printed materials inside the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for Library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
- Books will be issued to the members only on producing the identity card.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay for cost of the books as per the rules.
- Library tokens are not transferable. Books will not be issued to students on the library tokens with identity card.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking underlining clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances the librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books
- The book has to be produced in the library for renewal.
- More than three renewals will not be allowed :
- No remainders will be issued to individuals but consolidated statement will be displayed on the library notice board
- The borrowers will be responsible for any loss or non return of any books issued against his/her original or duplicate library token.
- Reference Books, newspapers, magazines/Journals should not be taken out.
- New books received or the dust jackets will be on display for a week in the reference section.
- Unless the borrowers point out at the time of borrowing the bad condition of any of the books they shall be required to replace the book or pay its price together with extra fine decided by the in charge.
Library procedures should be posted where library users will readily read the rules of the library.
- Library hours. How many hours the library is kept open and its working time and on what days.
- Number of books available on loan at time and the period of loan say fifteen days.
- Renewals, How long a book can be renewed.
- Lost books, shall lost books be replaced or its cost is to be paid.
A set of library rules is to be issued by each library embodying instructions for the guidance of the library members. Copies of the rules are to be circulated among the readers and copy of the same is also to be given to the new comer(s) at the time where He/she is enrolled as a member of the library.
- The library shall be kept open on all working days from 7 A M hrs to 11 P M hrs On Sundays, First Saturday and certain public holidays it till remain open for 6 hours
- Changes if any, in the timings shall be notified from time to time.
||Name of the membership
||Period of Loan
||Non teaching staff
||P G Students
||U G Students
For books not returned in time, over due charges will be charged at the rates below.
- 2-00Rupee per day per book for the first 15 days
- Other charges: Late renewals/issue of library tokens will be issued on payment of Rs 50/
- Maintains charges: will be collected on payment Rs 50/
Loss Of Borrowers Tokens:
In the case if loss of a Borrowers tokens, a Duplicate token will be issued on payment of Rs.50/-.Late renewals/memberships:
NO DUE CERTIFICATE:
A No Due certificate issued by the librarian should be demand by the reliving officer from the member staff and student at time of their leaving the college.
Loss Of Books:
In case of books lost, the borrower is requested to replace the book either by a new copy or pay the price of the book at four times the lost of the book along with the Overdue Charges if any.