Introduction to SPIRIT
Aims,Type of Activities
The aims of the SPIRIT, to be pursued through the services it offers, shall be:
- Undertaking of research work, studies and surveys on educational policies and programs, disease and awareness, students' rights and interests, university and science-related issues, and other questions affecting the life of students and university communities in different regions of the state;
- Gathering of information and keen elaboration of comparative studies on problems of socio-economic development having a direct bearing on students, both during their period of study and after their graduation;
- To maintain the archives of all the member institutions and keeping the documentation under SPIRIT, with the aim of setting up a resource centre and having access to data on educational & scientific issues;
- Exchange of information and strengthening of contacts with research centres, scientific institutes, specialized governmental or non-government bodies, university and academic communities, student organizations, individual researchers and experts, and regional and international non-government organizations involved in the same field of activity as that of the SPIRIT, with a view to establishing a rich data bank;
- Carrying out of research projects, independently or of together with individual contractors, on topical issues and phenomena relevant to the student, university and academic communities;
- Utilising the ideology, spirit of the students of all the member institutions to service activities that could really take India a step ahead.The above activities will be carried out in close consultation and co-operation with all the member institutions, or other associations which request the services of the SPIRIT, and their input should be sought.
SPIRIT Membership is of five kinds,
- General membership: This is open for any of the interested person(s) irrespective of age/ nationality/ qualification/ level of study, and this is worth free.
- Executive membership: This is worth Rs 250/- per annum person(s) efficient in the scientific ways and serving the society can be given the opportunity to seek the position irrespective of membership fee. Any interested person(s) can seek the membership but the grant of membership of this kind is with the President.
- Silver membership, Gold membership and Platinum membership will be offered as an honour/complimentary to those efficient person(s) by the President.
The SPIRIT shall be administered by the Core committee comprised of:
- The President, who shall be a research worker and shall be appointed on a contractual basis; he/she shall be responsible for the co-ordination and running of the affairs of the SPIRIT. At all situations the decision of the President is the final;
- The Secretary, who shall also be a research worker and shall be appointed on a contractual basis; he/she shall be responsible for the documentation of the affairs of the SPIRIT;
- The Treasurer, who shall also be a research worker and shall be appointed on a contractual basis; he/she shall be responsible for maintaining the financial affairs of the SPIRIT;
- The Vice-President, who shall also be a research worker and shall be appointed on a contractual basis; he/she shall be responsible for the co-ordination and running of the affairs of the SPIRIT, in the absence of the President;
- The Joint-Secretary, who shall also be a research worker and shall be appointed on a contractual basis; he/she shall be responsible for the documentation of the affairs of the SPIRIT, in the absence of the Secretary;
SPIRIT functions with the frame work of three forums:
- Forum for Spirited thoughts: This is a set of research workers; those actually discuss and decide the agenda for the activities and works under research wing of SPIRIT. This constitutes of certain number of research heads headed by Research chief.
- Forum for Public relations: This is the forum that constitutes a set of service heads and heads for various initiatives like publicity, fund raising, ties with govt. & private organizations, public interactions headed by Public relations chief. These are those personnel those actually discuss and decide the agenda for the activities and works under social service wing of SPIRIT.
- Organising forum: This constitutes of certain number of representatives headed by the organizers. This is that forum that actually supports the works and activities decided by the above two forums. This is the forum that was even responsible for organizing the events of SPIRIT.
The Core committee of the SPIRIT shall elaborate the SPIRIT's Fortnight Work Plans, the topics of which shall be determined following the requests put forward by the structures seeking SPIRIT's services;
- Supervise data collection, documentation and archiving;
- Decide on the participation of the SPIRIT in events and research visits;
- Discuss the reports and recommendations derived from the official missions of the SPIRIT;
- Decide on the organisation or co-organisation of events, consultative meetings and seminars;
- to receive and approve reports on the projects of the research officer.
The President of the SPIRIT shall present a report on the work and activities (annually) of the SPIRIT to the Govt. of the state.
Entities with which The SPIRIT Shall Cooperate
The SPIRIT shall co-operate with:
- Local faculty and university organisations; national, regional and international student associations; academic bodies; research institutes and non-government organisations; specialised student research bodies;
- National, regional and international scientific and research centers;
- National governmental, regional and international inter-governmental organizations;
- Individual researchers.